Logitech ChillStream Gamepad for PC

Friday, December 18, 2009

Logitech ChillStream Gamepad for PC (963435-0403)

Logitech ChillStream Gamepad for PC (963435-0403)



By K. Dennis "theskibum" (Montana) -  reviews



So this controller looked pretty sweet to me so I bought it over a rumble pad. I liked the idea of fans for wicking away sweat, as I tend to get pretty white knuckled on my controllers. I bought this controller specifically for Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PC, and it works like a dream. I also like the X-Box controller layout (offset anolog sticks and more ergonomic) than the PS2 style controller that is the Logitech Rumble pad. It also has better grips than a PS2 controller.

The only things I think are bad about it are the following:


1. It is not modeled on the large XBox controller, but rather the regular one, which is ok for most people, but I have big hands and I get a bit cramped up if I play for way too long.


2. I was slightly dissapointed with the lack of custimization software available with this pad. I have a Saitek Cyborg EVO joystick that you can create custom profiles for every game you want to use it with then set that profile before launching the game. This isn't an issue with Battlefront 2 since it has a very excellent in game control configurator, but I could see where if a game didn't have as good an interface (or maybe older games) this pad could suffer in this regard.


3. This isn't so much an issue for me, but I would assume that with a lot of game play and turning on and off of the fan, that the fan motor will likely die sooner than the pad will wear out. I don't care too much, because the fan is more a novelty to me than anything. I will still use it even if it does die.



Overall, a great controller, I actually would give it a 4.5 rating, but that isn't an option here.

0 comments

Post a Comment