Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Mac Games)

Friday, December 18, 2009

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare <-Buy it Now !




By Matthew R. Howard "vincent price" -  reviews


 
It's tricky writing (and reading) reviews for Mac games. If you want to know if the game's worth playing, there are multitudes of reviews for all the platforms on which it's featured. So far, and I've put maybe 4 hours into the game, it's a solid port. If you want to know if COD 4 is worth playing, there's plenty of evidence out there that yes, yes it is.

If you want to know if you can run the thing, let me just say that if you have one of the new round of Macs, it will run easily and beautifully. I've got the 2.4 ghz model, but according to benchmarks, there's not a huge difference between it and the 2.0 as far as frame rate goes. The install itself is so simple I almost thought they were putting me on. They were not, and I just dragged the folder from the CD onto my hard drive. Twenty minutes or so later I was playing the best-looking game I've ever seen.

 
Multiplayer works awesome, and the fact that you can play against PC nerds is kind of mind-boggling to me. There are always games. And people are very, very good.

 
I've been using a Mac for 6 years now, this is my second laptop, and the idea that I can buy a modern game that a lot of folks are still playing and run it so well on such a thin and lovely machine makes me a little giddy inside.



0 comments

Post a Comment