Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows

By R. Arrigo (California) -   reviews


I've owned the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows device for about a week, and the only thing I am unhappy about is that I waited so long to buy this controller.

 
Combined with Xpadder, a free program that lets you emulate key presses and mouse movements directly from the controller (google the program), the 360 controller has become a great way to websurf, play games (e.g. Gears of War, Resident Evil 4), and even control media applications such as Cyberlink PowerDVD. If you don't want to bother programming the Xpadder software yourself, you can download predefined profiles for each of your programs and modify them as you see fit. The range of the controller is sufficient for me, but I have a pretty small apartment :-) I do not know how long the batteries will last and I am considering getting some kind of rechargeable setup. I've run this controller on both Windows XP and Windows Vista without any bugs or other problems.



Overall, I rate this product a 4.5/5.0 stars. The only modification I would make to the controller is to disable it's 'auto-off' feature that shuts down the controller automatically after around 10 - 15 minutes of disuse. When you are reading a web page for a long period of time or watching a movie, having to hit the 'on' button on the center of the pad before you can use the controller again is a minor annoyance. However, for most people who will use this controller primarily for gaming, this is not a problem at all and is instead a battery preserving feature, thus the deduction of only 0.5 stars.



I highly recommend this product.

0 comments

Post a Comment

PC & Mac Games

Custom Search