Microsoft SideWinder X5 Mouse

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Microsoft SideWinder X5 Mouse

Microsoft SideWinder X5 Mouse <<< more detail :::

By Mary Jo Sminkey "author of cfwebstore" (Carlisle, PA USA) -  reviews


The Sidewinder X5 appears to be a somewhat cheaper Sidewinder version with a few less features to lower the price. If you need a cheap gaming mouse, this may be one to look at. If like me, you not only do gaming at your computer, but extensive internet browsing and other activities, you may want to look at some other mice. The biggest issue for me with this mouse was that the size and length of it was not at all comfortable and made the button placement difficult for my hands...having about normal-sized hands for a woman. In particular the two buttons on the side were regularly slightly in front of my thumb, so I had to adjust my hand and/or reach to use them. Not good, and the type of thing that causes tendinitis or RSI over time.



The mouse itself has a very cheap, plastic feel to it. Having previously used the very nice Logitech G9 Mouse I found it hard to go back to scrolling that was jerky and required a lot of tweaking to work anything near to acceptable. The turbo scroll on the Logitech mice is just so much more pleasant to work with when you are at the computer for hours at a time. I'm also never happy to get a mouse with buttons that I can't customize. In this case, there is a button on the top that might be nice to use as a quick-launch button, but it only opens up Intellitype in XP, (Games in Vista) you have no option to customize the action for it.

0 comments

Post a Comment

PC & Mac Games

Custom Search