Civilization IV

Monday, December 21, 2009

Civilization IV

Civilization IV

By Cheffy "Chef" (online) - reviews


Wow, don't go by the recommended requirements at all on the box with this. I have a 2.1ghz Imac with a gig of ram, and I have to run the game on the lowest graphic setting. The music is very choppy, but even on the lowest setting, the graphics are gorgeous. Gameplay is typical Civilization style. It's crashed on me numerous times, mostly when windowed, fullscreen made the game drag to a crawl (but no crashes), and I was wishing for a 'Civ3 view' under the options. I wouldn't recommend playing this on anything other than one of the newer machines with a ton of ram, or a quad style machine. If and when Aspyr updates with a patch that hopefully removes much of the resource hogging, I can easily give this 4 stars, but in it's current condition, I can only give it a 3, but I really feel it's more of a 2 right now.



After applying the beta patch, I can easily give Civ 4 the 4 stars it deserves. Great game and Aspyr really shows how to make games on the Mac work.

0 comments

Post a Comment

PC & Mac Games

Custom Search